Race Team Member Guidelines
RACE TEAM MEMBER GUIDELINES
As a member of the CTC Race Team, you receive
- A CTC Race Team Singlet.
- Complimentary entry into two (2) CTC races.
- Reimbursement of entry fee up to $80 for one (1) National level event, or a USATF certified event greater than 100 miles outside of Chattanooga.
- A stipend to aid with team travel to compete in the Cross-Country Club Nationals each year. The budget is to be reviewed and approved by the Board of the Directors annually as a separate Race Team expense.
Each CTC Racing Team member shall commit to:
- Be an active, current CTC member in good standing.
- Represent the CTC Race Team by wearing Race Team singlet at races he or she participates / races in (weather permitting).
- Participate in a minimum of five (5) CTC and/or USATF Regional/National events within the calendar year. One (1) of these must be a USATF sanctioned event greater than 100 miles outside of Chattanooga.
- Provide at least four (4) hours of service in the running community via volunteer work at any CTC-hosted/organized activities including races, running clinics, workshops, seminars or training programs. The member is responsible for notifying the Team Captain(s) when volunteer hours have been completed.
- Provide proof of paid registration and event participation wearing CTC Race Team apparel when submitting for entry fee reimbursement.
In addition to these commitments, race team members as, CTC members are expected to
- behave in a manner that is compliant with CTC’s Code of Conduct at all races and /or while wearing Race Team apparel.
- adhere to CTC’s Social Media policy when representing CTC as a Race Team member via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Removal from The Race Team: Race Team members may be removed from the team for offenses including inappropriate behavior or failure to meet Team Member commitments. If a member is dropped from the team, he/she will not be reimbursed for unused free CTC race entries and will not receive reimbursement for race/travel expenses incurred after their dismissal from the Team.