Battle For Chattanooga
BATTLE FOR CHATTANOOGA is a series of three races commemorating this area's Civil War history. Races are held in locations where key events of the Battles for Chickamauga and Chattanooga occurred in the fall of 1863.
The new race series begins November 13, 2021, at the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon, Half marathon, Jr. Marathon and Ft. Oglethorpe 5K.
Battle for Chattanooga kicks off on November 13, 2021 at the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon, Half marathon, Jr. Marathon and Fort Oglethorpe 5K. Everyone who completes one of the three timed events (5K, Half marathon, or Marathon) is automatically entered in the race series and only needs to complete two more races to receive a free finisher's medal.
Complete all three races in the series and claim a custom-designed finisher's medal at the final race!
The new finisher's medal will be revealed January 2022.
Details and rules:
Participating in Battle for Chattanooga is FREE and open to anyone (runners and walkers) who completes the qualifying events. Complete all three races and receive a custom-designed Battle for Chattanooga finisher's medal.
- Finish one eligible event in each of the three races in the series.
- Receive your medal at the finish line of the final race in the series.
Battle for Chattanooga is FREE, simply pay the entry fee for each race you run.
The three races in the series:
*note: the first race in the series is in 2021 (November), the remaining races will be held in 2022. Check the CTC race calendar to confirm race dates.
Complete one eligible event in each of these three races:
- Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon, Half marathon, and Fort Oglethorpe 5K November 13, 2021
*eligible events: 5K, Half marathon, Marathon
- Chickamauga Chase* April 2022 (registration will open in 2022)
*eligible events: 15k, 5k, 8-mileTrail
- Missionary Ridge Road Race (4.7 mile) August 2022 (registration will open in 2022)
1. Battle For Chattanooga (BFC) participants must complete one eligible event in each of the three races in the series.
2. Participants' name must be listed in the official race results for each qualifying race. Results posted on the Chattanooga Track Club website.
3. Requests to receive finishers' medals by mail must be received by October 18, 2022 (no charge for mailing).
Receiving your BFC finisher's medal:
there are two options to receive your free, custom-designed, Battle for Chattanooga finisher's medal.
- In-person pickup. At the final race in the series, Missionary Ridge Road Race (August 2022). Your eligibility will be verified at pickup.
- By mail. Send an email with your name and mailing address to Battle@Chattanoogatrackclub.org. Medals will be mailed starting after September 18.
Battle for Chattanooga Race Series is free to the community and 100% funded by the Chattanooga Track Club. To support this and other programs please consider becoming a member of the CTC.
Questions about Battle for Chattanooga? Send an email to Battle@Chattanoogatrackclub.org